The Express Junior Hockey Club was inaugurated in 2005 to provide ambitious hockey players from across the country, a team to develop into successful scholar athletes in college.
The Express men’s teams are proud members of the Eastern Hockey League and Eastern Hockey League Premier. The leagues are based on the goal of player development and successful college placement.
The Express program feels that academic excellence is something for which every one of its players should strive for and commitment, dedication, enthusiasm as well as perseverance on and off the ice are the keys to opening the doors to opportunity!
Members of the Express are to attend college classes in addition to finding & maintaining employment. They are also responsible for the betterment of the community and team. Our intentions are to mold the complete player, a highly educated, motivated young man with class and integrity.
Our Organizational goals are:
- To encourage and assist our players to continue their education, during and after their careers with the Express
- To provide quality coaching and instruction in hockey, nutrition, fitness, strength and mental conditioning
- To advise and assist in the college admissions process
- To increase our players’ visibility by showcasing their hockey talents for college coaches
- To develop the players’ work ethic via comprehensive training and practice regiments
- To hone our players’ skills by providing the opportunity to play in a highly competitive environment
- To maintain our players’ amateur status as defined by the NCAA standards
- To provide the guidance necessary for our players to mature socially and emotionally
- The Express lead young adults by helping them see that effort they bring to their team, their schooling and their community will afford them lessons that extend beyond the end the game.